Written on 4th of May, 2017
You have been involved in activities of Creativity, Service and Activity for 9 months as a student of St. John’s International School. Choose one activity from your portfolio that is particularly important for you, because it connects to your strengths and passion.
Based on this one activity or experience, write a personal, in-depth reflection using the following questions as guidelines:
- What strengths and skills did you have related to this activity when you started it (a.k.a CAS experience)?
- How have you developed these strengths and skills throughout these 9 months?
- How has your engagement with this activity contributed to your growth as a person?
- Take a look at the seven learning outcomes. Which one(s) was/were really easy to achieve through your activity? Attach evidence.
- Again take a look at the seven learning outcomes. Which of these would be more challenging to achieve?
- Make a plan for how you are going to achieve it, in spite of the challenge! Your plan should be specific and realistic.
- How does your engagement with this activity represents one or more of the core values of our school (companionship, integrity, respect)?
- Who were the people who contributed most to making this activity worthwhile?
Your reflection should be between 450 and 1250 words. Upload it as a reflection to Managebac by adding it to the CAS experience you were writing about. Please add the title: “CAS Summary Reflection (Year 1)”